Steel Screw Piling Benefits
- Load bearing capacity is related to the installation torque, and this often reveals local soft spots in the site that would not be detected when boring for concrete piers.
- Bored holes for concrete that collapse due to dry sand or a high water table are easily replaced with steel screw piers.
- Load testing is easily carried out.
- Steel screw piers can be used for underpinning, bridges; jetties; house, commercial & industrial building foundations; along easements; electricity and communications towers; boardwalks; pipelines; conveyer belt frames in mining.
- Fast installation time during the vulnerable groundwork period gets your foundations out of the ground.
Light Weight Machinery
- Less heavy machinery activity on site.
Piles In All Sizes
- Piles are designed for the loads and ground conditions at your site.
- Piles range from 50 kN (5 t) to 2000 kN (200 t).
Low Set-up Costs
- Lower set-up cost than deep bored & grouted piers.
Clean & Environmentally Friendly
- No soil to remove from site
- No noise from hammered piles
- No vibration from hammered piles
Suitable In Acid Soils
All Work Done To AS2159
Engineering Certification At Job End
These 2 photos below show the effects of disturbing compressible soils in the Noosaville area.
The compressible layer was 4.0m down, and just below a thin hard layer
that was penetrated with the screw pile.
CLICK HERE for Larger Photographs